Saturday, March 29, 2008

I've injured myself yawning...

Opening day is upon us and I could not be more excited. I am not too excited to know that Pettitte is going to begin the season on the DL, but I need to just keep reminding myself that baseball is a very long season and hopefully we’ll see him before we know it. I am just glad to see Wang as our opening day starter... I remember how hard so many of us laughed last year as Pavano was penciled in on the roster as the starting pitcher for opening day. Oh where is that man anyway? I suppose the further away he stays from the team, the better.

To get me even more excited for the impending season, Men’s Vogue decided to get me all hot and bothered by letting A-Rod grace the cover of their March ’08 issue. The Yankees are giving me much to be excited for this season, just like they do every single season. I think other than seeing what crazy things A-Rod can accomplish this year, I am totally stoked to see what Girardi can do with this team. I have been a huge supporter of the Girardi for Manager movement for years now. There was always something about listening to him commentate on the Yes Network that made me believe he’d be a fantastic manager. He proved it with the Marlins, let’s just hope he can work his magic with the Yankees. It’s time. 27 is on the way.

Lots of drama has ensued here in Jersey this past week or so - in all aspects of my life and really I took it all with a grain of salt and laughed in the face of it. I finally feel like I’m starting to settle in and get a bit more comfortable around here, so I have to take the good with the bad - however, at this point in my life I am choosing to concentrate on the good instead. I’d really prefer to keep it that way, too. It was most definitely a good week with some very, very bizarro and random moments but I think in general I’m in a pretty good place right now. I hope I can keep it on this pace.

Myself and the Season 3 Road Trippers celebrated an anniversary of sorts the other day. March 27th, 2008 marked one year ago to the day that we all moved into our apartment in Manhattan and embarked on the most amazing and insane journey of our lifetimes. I don’t think I could ever put into words what that whole experience was really like. Being on television was truly a unique experience that not everyone is mentally cut out for. If I could do it all over again, I would in a heartbeat. Hands down the best job I will ever have had in my entire life. I still keep in contact with all five of them, some of them more than others - if you ever watched the show I am sure you could guess who I am not so close with. However, the five of them will always hold a very special place in my heart and no matter what happens to us or where our lives take us - I hold them all very close to me.

What makes me very happy right now is Danity Kane’s new album. These girls are amazing, beautiful and ridiculously talented. If you don’t have it, you need to download it, buy it or whatever... just put some DK into your life. You will not regret it. Oh and JabbaWockeeZ winning America’s Best Dance Crew equals happiness as well. This has been literally all over the place, so for now I’m out.

1 comment:

Mel said...

I'm glad to read that you're settling into life in NJ, despite the drama. :-) Hope the make-up of opening day for you is everything you've been waiting for! I was too busy last night to follow my team, and was dismayed to find that in my absence, they thought it was okay to lose to effing Cleveland. Lame!